It’s finally spring (even if the weather doesn’t seem to show it up) and here in the Netherland is coming the most amazing season of the year!
Everywhere you go you’ll now start to see flowers with amazing colors coming out in every corner, and you can easily enjoy the colorful landscape while laying down in a park reading a book or listening to music: that’s what I love to do!
A sunny day is the perfect moment to enjoy the outdoor life and here is a list of places you can’t miss while in The Netherland on blooming season!
- A visit to the Keukenhof Garden: that’s really the ultimate experience in The Netherlands that you can’t miss! A 32 hectare of flowers, with 800 varieties of tulips will show up in front of you, in this amazing spring garden visited by millions of people from all over the world. Every year there is a main theme, and for 2015 will be Van Gogh: I am sure this will be simply amazing, like being in one of his portraits! The Keukenhof Garden is also a great place to visit with kids, they will love it! In 2015 opening date for Keukenhof garden is open from 20 March to 17 May.
- If you wish to get lost in some tulip’s field and want to stay away from the tourist you might find in Keukenhof, then ride a bike and head to the fields around Lisse and towards the dunes such as Hillegom and Noordwijkerhout.
- The Japanese Garden in Clingendael Park, The Hague: this is only open for a short period twice a year (spring 2015 from 25th April to 07th June) and is a cozy garden with amazing oriental atmosphere. It definitely worth a visit, and entrance is free!
- Go and have a barbecue in one of the city’s green area: Volendam Park in Amsterdam, Westbroek Park in Den Haag, Kralingse bos in Rotterdam.. Every city in The Netherlands has beautiful parks, you can only find one and relax!
- Shop till you drop in one of the season’s market like the Swan Market: vintage, accessorize, good food, drink and a lot of fun for a perfect spring day!
- In this season the most important event, which dutch people’s have been waiting for the whole year long, is the King’s day! This year it will take place on 27th of April, when all the streets will be filled with flea markets and the orange will be the main color everywhere: I love to spend the day out and having a brunch in a park!
The blooming season is the best period to visit The Netherlands, and not only for its colored fields but also for the many outdoor activities, festivals, and market that are going to take place in the country.
Just give it a try and come to The Netherlands!