Even If I’ve never been there before, Berlin has always been attractive to me and finally, a few weeks ago, I managed to visit this amazing city!
We travelled from The Hague to Berlin Hbf by train, it takes approximately 6 hours, and we booked a room in Winters am Gendarmenmarkt Hotel, close to the glamour Friederichstrasse and not far from one of the main Berlin’s attraction, the Checkpoint Charlie.
Travelling by train was really comfortable for us, as the train station is walking distance to the Freiederichstrasse and just couple of UBahn stop from our hotel.
As we are now a family, we have to plan our visit in order to be comfortable and enjoyable also for our little one.
We had 3 full days and a half to spend in the city, and we wanted to enjoy the fullest: of course, being with a 3 years old we had to dedicate some times also to her needs and what could be of her interest.
Besides the must see things in Berlin, as The East side gallery, Alexander Platz, Checkpoint Charlie or Museumsinsel, Berlin has a lot to do to enjoy your time also with kids.
- Legoland discovery Centre: in Postdamer Platz, you can enjoy a ride in a magic Lego world with tons of bricks, carousel, a mini Berlin made of bricks (of course) and a 3D cinema.
- Museum fur Naturkunde, with its biggest skeleton of Brachiosaurus as welcome and thousand of interesting collections.
- Berlin zoo and Aquarium: one of the biggest in Europe, kids and adult would love it
- The Tiergarten Park, the biggest of the city
- The chocolaterie Fassbender & Rausch, in Charlottenstrasse (face to Gerndarmenmarkt) is a sweet world to taste, smell and discover!
Personally, even if too young to understand all, my daughter also enjoyed the special atmosphere in Holocaust Mahmal.
Tips: try a delicious traditional flammekuchen at the Berliner Republik, in Schiffbauerdamm 8.
Even If I couldn’t enjoy Berlin by night, which I was told is amazing, I am happy that I could show this city to my little one, and if you are about to think ” she cannot understand, she is too young to remember ” and so on, I have to tell you that this is not true, as she still well remember our Parisian adventure of last year!
Those who love to travel can share their passion and pass on their kids: the world is the best school ever.